GREENE KING SHOP SPIN TO WIN COMPETITION
SUMMARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion open to UK residents only, aged 18+. To enter users must add their email address to the Spin To Win wheel on shop.greeneking.co.uk. Promotion closes at 12:00 on 9/8/2021 Users will be presented an instant win discount code that can be used to purchase items on the Greene King Online Shop. All valid entries will also be entered into a prize draw to win £100 Greene King Online Shop gift voucher. Full terms and conditions are available below. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Ltd, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds IP33 1QT
TERMS & CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY NOTICE
- By entering this promotion you are deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only.
- Promotional Period. This promotion opens at 12:00 on 6/8/2021 and closes at 12:00 on 9/8/2021.
- Entry requirements. To enter you must add your email address to the Spin To Win wheel on shop.greeneking.co.uk.
- Winner selection and prizes. You will be presented with an instant win discount code that can be used to purchase items on the Greene King Online Shop. Discount codes vary from 5% to 30% and will be generated using predefined probability values; there will be a greater chance of winning a lower value discount code. All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 online shop voucher. This random prize draw will take place within 2 working days from the end of the competition and the winner notified within 2 working days of the draw. The voucher will be sent in electronic format to the email address the winner used for entry.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
- Discount codes must be used within 12 months of issue.
- Limitation of liability. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. We are not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- Intellectual property. You will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material that you submit as part of this promotion. However, you grant us (and our agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- Winner’s name.General terms. No bulk, machine-generated consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. Entries are restricted to one entry per email account.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
- Our decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside our reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to you in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- Governing law & jurisdiction. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We remind anyone entering this promotion to drink responsibly. Please visit greeneking.co.uk/enjoy-responsibly for the facts.
- Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT
- Data Controller. Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited (ICO registration number ZA054235) is the data controller in respect of this promotion.
- We are required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. We are a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- Why do we need to process your personal data? We want our promotions to be administered fairly so that all entrants can enjoy them. To do this well, we need to process some of your personal data. We will process your personal data to administer the promotion, to confirm that you have complied with the terms of the promotion, to confirm whether you have won a prize, to communicate with you in relation to any prize you may win and to deal with any queries you have in relation to the promotion.
- What information do we process? When you enter a promotion we need your email address. We will also collect any personal information you include in your message.
- How long do we keep personal information for? If you exercise your data protection rights, we will keep a record of your request and our response indefinitely, to be able to show that we responded properly and fairly to your request. Otherwise we will keep your data for the following time periods:
Information relating to…
Is kept for…
Entering a promotion
4 months following the closing date of a promotion
Enquiring about a promotion
3 months following our reply to you
- Will we sell your personal data to anyone else? That’s not something we do.
- Who do we share personal data with and why? Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in our Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. We work with the third party suppliers and service providers set out at https://shop.greeneking.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy who will process your personal data for the purposes set out.All of these organisations are required to comply with our data processing standards and are bound by the terms of this privacy notice. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- We will share your personal data as required by law or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business. The buyer will only be permitted to use your personal data as outlined in this privacy notice.
- We will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- Direct marketing. We may ask whether you want to receive marketing from us – it’s your choice, but if you sign up for marketing please read our general privacy notice at greeneking.co.uk/privacy.
- If you are a winner or runner up we may use your data for publicity purposes as explained in the terms and conditions above.
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them? We can be contacted by post at: Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the address above, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. The lawful bases we rely on for our primary processing purposes are as follows:
Lawful basis for processing
Administering a promotion
We process personal data because it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract.
Responding to an enquiry about a promotion
We believe it is in our commercial interests to respond to our customers making this processing a legitimate interest.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
- to ask us to tell you what personal data we are processing that relate to you (right of access);
- to require us to rectify or stop processing inaccurate personal data (right to rectification);
- to require us to delete personal data relating to you, subject to there being valid grounds (right to erasure);
- to require us to restrict our processing activities, subject to there being valid grounds (right to restriction);
- to object to processing, in particular to profiling (right to object) and direct marketing (by withdrawing your consent);
- to ask that personal data about you be sent to another controller of your choosing, subject to there being valid grounds (right to data portability).
- You can notify us of your wish to exercise any of these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer, using the contact information provided above.
- You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the data protection regulator for the United Kingdom) or in some circumstances, another European Union data protection authority.
- Changes to this privacy notice. This privacy notice is effective from the opening date set out above. You can check if the privacy notice has changed by revisiting this webpage at any time. If we make any significant changes to this privacy notice, if we have your email address, we will email you to let you know.